- The Council Task Force and Governance Implementation Team have finished their preparatory work in drafting a revised Constitution and Bylaws, and these documents have been delivered to the new Abiding Love Council for review.
- We hope to obtain approval from the Abiding Love Council at their February 2017 meeting, which would allow to send the document drafts to the Synod for review and approval.
- With the Synod Council’s approval of our documents, we will hold a Special Congregational Meeting for the congregation’s vote on the revised Constitution and Bylaws, followed by the required ratification at the regular Annual Meeting in November.
- The GIT membership carried over from 2016, and consists of George Glaser as Chair, Steve Kikta, Dale Sump, Elizabeth Segner-Zarate, Kurt Lowe, Pastor Brad Highum, and President Pat Shields (ex-officio).
- We contracted with Dick Moeller for an additional six months of consultation services.
Sunday, February 26, 2017
February 2017 ALLC Governance Update
The Governance Implementation Team (GIT) has been very active since the congregational approval of the Governance resolution at the 2016 Congregational Meeting, focusing on preparing the revised Constitution and Bylaws. In 2017 we are moving forward with monitoring the existing governance changes (for example, development of the Outreach and Fellowship Ministry Areas), and future governance changes affecting staffing and management issues. Here are some bullet items with the highlights.